Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Professional League – Indonesia (MPL – ID) is back for Season Four. This time the organizers adopted a franchise league model making MPL – the ID of the first esports competition in Southeast Asia with this model.
This iliga model aims to build financial security for teams and players while at the same time implementing a systematic structure in the Indonesian esports industry, in order to achieve sustainable esports.
MPL – Season Four ID will cover eight weeks of regular matches from 23 August 2019 to 13 October 2019. The Regular Season will be held on an ongoing basis. offline at XO Hall, Tanjung Duren, while the Grand Final will be held at Tennis Indoor Senayan, Jakarta on 26-27 October 2019.
This league will feature Season 3 champions, ONIC Esports along with seven other permanent participants namely Alter Ego, Aura, Bigetron Esports, EVOS Esports, Geek Fam, Genflix Aerowolf and Rex Regum Qeon.
“The transition of MPL – ID Season 4 to a franchise league model will address many of the problems participants faced in previous seasons. For example, regulatory uncertainty leads to a lack of standardization of contracts between teams and players.
With the team’s status now permanent, it is possible to apply standards that protect all parties involved. This will make it easier for us to create a solid foundation with long-term goals for the sustainability of Indonesian esports, “said Dylan Chia, Marketing Director of MPL – ID.
The MPL-ID franchise model provides each team a permanent slot in the league, for a one-time USD 1 million franchise fee. Teams and players participating in the next MPL season will receive:
- Fair Game System where each team will have a maximum wage standard to encourage a balance of strength between teams and ensure sustainable operational costs, where the teams will get equal resources
- Profit sharing where each team will get more than 50% of league revenue before deducting league operational and marketing costs which are fully borne by the league
- Financial Security for professional players, where in the player contract there will be a minimum wage with a contract validity period of 6 months for each season
- Job Security for the team and players and no more relegation
- Commercialization Opportunities, with joint investment from MOONTON and its teams, enabling the league to commit to long-term initiatives to develop relationships with key partners to create new revenue streams and marketing solutions for brands, teams and players
Logan Show, Regional Esports Director of Mobile Legends: Bang Bang adds: “With the financial security system, standardized regulations, and new and improved regulations, the league can ensure accountability in team management. It can cope with the repeated rotation of players that occur due to recruitment that occurred in the previous system.”
As a commitment to developing the Indonesian esports ecosystem, Mobile Legends: Bang Bang will also invest USD 8 Million to develop the esports community Mobile Legends: Bang Bang (MLBB) in Indonesia.
Part of the investment will be used for the further development of the esports ecosystem beyond MPL. Logan said: “Despite professional competition, we need to build a successful esports ecosystem starting at the ground level.”
ALSO READ: Things You Should Know About the PMCO Spring Split Global Championship 2019!
Moonton will also hold various tournaments to provide more stages for players to not only become professional players, but also play an important role in the esports industry in unlimited matters such as tournament organization, MC, and various tournament devices both in front of and behind the scenes.
Previous activities such as Mobile Legends: Bang Bang Intercity Championship which is prepared for amateur teams will be further enhanced and other plans as support will be implemented in inter-campus tournaments as well as tournaments organized by third parties
Editor: Yubian Asfar